GG6 LEADS THE DRIVE FOR INNOVATION
The GG6 Expansion Project core team recently completed the IM Innovation programme introductory session with Lou Moller.
THE MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE FOUR-PART PROGRAMME WERE TO:
- Create awareness about innovation within the Project team
- Capture and benchmark all project innovation initiatives against similar projects
- Illustrate the potential value that could possibly be obtained from the GG6 innovation initiatives and, where possible,
- Collaborate with other innovation forums to make a real and purposeful difference.
SOME OF THE NEW IDEAS GATHERED FROM THE FIRST SESSION INCLUDE:
- Digital Project Transformation - Moving towards a paperless environment for the GG6 Expansion Project
- GG6 Project on-boarding process - Improving the on-boarding process for new team members
- Capturing Valuable Safety Information - Capturing near-miss safety incidents and unsafe behaviour at the GG6 construction site
- Automated People and Equipment Validation - Streamlining tedious verification and validation of people competencies, attendances and permits
- Automated Construction Progress Tracking – Increasing the frequency of progress tracking by using the latest technologies to automatically collect and report progress data
- Advanced Decision Support for the new GG6 SSCC Stockyard
- Project Communication Tool/App
The GG6 Project team visited the Virtual Reality Centre (VRC) at the University of Pretoria in November, where the progress of the Innovation programme was presented, along with the latest trends in Digital Twins and Lean Manufacturing.